Popular Posts

Monday, May 2, 2011

Woo Hoo...New and Improved Blog Post #1

  So...I work with children!  I work one-on-one with children in the school setting, however it is both a blessing and a curse that all children seem to latch on to me like leaches!  Needless to say, your kids tell me everything about your life!  They often repeat things that you say, usually inaccurately, and profess the most intimate details of your life to the adults they encounter at school!
   I want you to understand that I am sharing these things with you in hopes of helping your improve your social relationships!  I hope you will see these little tidbits as they really are...opportunities to learn from your mistakes!  Maybe you can envision your own child telling other adults the statements and stories that I will share over the lifetime of this blog and you will realize that maybe you shouldn't have named your dog "Meatball" and then expected your toddler to enjoy her dinner the first time you tell her she is having spaghetti and meatballs.  (True story by the way...when Lexi had her first plate of spaghetti and meatballs she looked up at me with tears in her eyes and said, "But I lub Meatbaw!").

    So...what do your kids tell the rest of the world when you aren't around?  Here is real life example number one!

   I was working in a preschool when an adorable little red-headed boy looks up at me and says, "Miss Jess...do you want to spend the night?"  He proceeded to inform me that his dad could use a wife and that their couch was very comfortable if I wanted to spend the night.  His dad would even make me macaroni and cheese from a box if I asked him.  Needless to say when Dad came in for the next parent-involved function I politely avoided both him and his child...until his son grabbed my hand and said, "Dad...this is Miss Jess, I think she should be my new mom!"

  So...single mothers...or married mothers who dream of Dierks Bentley at night...don't share your thoughts on men with your children, or they just might set you up on a blind date while at school. 

No comments: