Popular Posts

Friday, September 12, 2008

That's amore

I anxiously await, biting my nails down to the skin. Will you ever come? I sit at the window, nervously watching through the sheer ivory curtain, dreaming of the moment that I can run out the front door to greet you, reaching out with both hands, until finally my lips meet with your sweet kiss. Tick-tock, tick-tock, is all I can hear above the pounding of my heart. Time has stopped as I continue to watch the cars go by. The sun's glare continues to warm the glass of the window in front of me, and the sky above is as blue as the ocean. My feelings for you continue to grow with every moment that passes. My anticipation bursts through my veins as my mind drifts to thoughts of you. One look at you, and I fall in love all over again.
Suddenly I hear a familiar sounds, the sweet hum of the engine. I watch the corner in hopes of seeing your car driving towards my house. The hum gets louder, as I hear the music dancing down the street. I jump to my feet and leave my station at the window. Out the door I run, arms stretched out wide reaching for the joy that only you can give me. My lips quiver as the chill of your sweetness runs down my spine. I hold you tight, as the neighborhood children begin to push me out of the way. I look around and notice that I have won the race to greet you, the race to claim you as my own. I savor our first moment of the summer together, our moment in the sun. You are my beloved, and I need you more than words will ever describe, but as quickly as you came, you are gone, and again I am alone. The music begins to fade and the hum has driven away in the distance. My hands are no longer full, and I am left with a rememberance of you, a moist paper cone stained blue from your syrup. You are my sno-cone, and I love you!

No comments: